last updated 01/01/01
- Check out the Buck Pets' bio in Texas' Local Music Register.
- Listen to streamed MP3s of new Pelicans songs here, c/o http://www.garageband.com.
- The band For Love Not Lisa, currently on Tooth and Nail Records, included a cover of the Buck Pets' "Inamorata" on their new album. Check out an audio sample here.
- An article from the Dallas Observer about Chris and Ricky's (then) new band, the Pelicans, is online at http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues/1999-09-02/streetbeat.html.
- Ordering info and preview of Tony Alba's "chap book," Maximum Southern Comfort.
- The remarkably complete Buck Pets mini-bio from the All Music Guide, by Steve Huey.
- Bootlegs: two from '91-'92 are available here.
- Review of Mercurotones, from Green Mountain Music Reviews
- Real Audio samples from the first album are available here.
- Thirteen Music Online is a new music review site, with a focus on Dallas bands.
- cottonmouth, tx --Longtime Buck Pets friend and associate Jeffrey ("Chate") Liles (of Decadent Dub Team) has a new project under the moniker cottonmouth, tx; releases include "anti-social butterfly" (on Virgin Undergound Media) and the new "The Right To Remain Silent..." (on HEIRESS-aesthetic Records). Listen to his radio show ("Heir Guitar") online at http://www.broadcast.com/music/cottonmouth/heir/
- Jack Straws FD Studios did the CD packaging for the Mercurotones album.
- Read a mini-review of the Buck Pets (through their first 2 albums) from the bandlist at Trouser Press online.
- The Buck Pets' appearance on the The TDK New Music Report CD (radio show, 18 November 1990) is available from TheFinest.com.
- Textbook Unregulation (1992) Fayetteville, AR
Brent Fusco has this Buck Pets live tape and other bootlegs for trade.
- Jonathan Moore has (had?) two Buck Pets shows on video (and many other audio and video tapes of other bands), for trade: 14 December 1992 and 11 February 1994.
- "Your Fault, Not Mine," a song from their first recording session, appears on Tales from the Edge #10, a compilation of Texas bands.
- Hell On Wheels , a compilation of 40 bands' horror stories from road trips, features 2 pages of Ian Beech [sic] recalling three of his favorite anecdotes. Ordering info: softcover; 149 pp; 5.5" x 8"; by Greg Jacobs, ISBN 0-96270133-3-5, $14.95
- The Nashville-based band Ghost counts the Buck Pets as a major influence, and I can hear a bit of the 'Pets in their songwriting. Contact ALVAE_MAN@wow.com about obtaining a copy of their 4-song 1995 demo.
- The Tampa-based Joey Sunshine Band openly count the Buck Pets as major influences.
More links to come as I find 'em.